Saturday, June 22, 2013

Advanced encaustic techniques

We finished the 2 days advanced technique workshops yesterday, June 21.

I love how each person created their individual pieces showing their personal voices. This is something I emphasis. I share everything I know about painting in encaustic. After the lengthy demo, the workshop attendees can examine my home/studio/gallery that is filled with my paintings. I am happy to share whatever techniques, I use, but always say, "I give you the technique, now make it your own."
 

Note how everyone's work is completely different. When I see that, I know I have succeeded as a teacher.
 

We had a wonderful time making new friends, sharing our ideas and encouraging everyone's creativity.
 

I have another advanced technique class scheduled July 8 & 9 and then I will take a break and begin to make my on-line classes videos. I know what classes I will cover and now to challenge myself with the technical aspects.

Helen

Monica

Gaby

Ana

Lauren
Ana


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers

Total Pageviews